Friday, May 29, 2009

+10 points!

Do they teach basic safety in school anymore? Don't they tell those dumbass kids to look and make sure there are no cars coming before bloody crossing the road?

I was driving to work today, and as I was executing a corner some idiot kid walked right into my car. The kid crossed one side of the road and stepped up onto the divider, and he was looking at the opposite direction from which I was coming.

Pedestrians usually are smart enough to stop on the divider, but this particular one apparently has eyes on the back of his head. Maybe he had some dust in it. But instead of stopping on the divider, he just continued stepping off and onto the road.

Luckily for him, he stepped off just as the front of my car passed him and I wasn't driving very fast since I just turned the corner, and the only injury he sustained was an abrased forearm and maybe some bruised ribs after getting smacked by my sideview mirror.

If he had gotten off sooner and got hit by the front of my car, he'd have been roadkill for sure. He seemed unhurt enough to get back up, so after pointing out the fact that he was a dumbass, I told his friend (who had enough sense of self preservation to have stayed on the divider and NOT get a face-full of car) to take him to the hospital if he feels concussed.

On the bright side, I just earned +10 points for hitting sense into some dumbass kids and a lesson on road safety. If not, sooner or later he'd probably be run over by a truck anyway at the rate he's going.

No comments: