Sunday, April 12, 2009

Dude Where's My Car!?

Oh, still there.

Someone broke into my house and tried to steal my old Toyota station wagon. Here's what happened.

I was blissfully having epic adventures in dreamland when my dad came over in the morning and scolded me for leaving the gate open, as well as my car door.

In a hazy state of mind after having been rudely awakened halfway through saving the world AGAIN, I wondered whether i've become so blur that I forgot to lock the huge ass gate when I came home last night.

It was only when I tried to start my car that I found definite proof that someone had actually pulled open my gate (apparently the steel latch with the bar is easily defeated without even needing any tools), opened my car door and tried to make off with my car.

I found that I couldn't put the key into the ignition, and when I checked I found out why.

Someone had tried to use an old car key to start my car's ignition, but because it was the wrong key the thing refused to turn. The would-be car thief really tried hard though, as I found the broken-off end of the key still in the ignition.

Yes I do keep a dog in the compound, but I had let my dog sleep inside the house yesterday night as it was quite cold outside due to the rain.

In any case, i've added extra security to my gate and planning to add some to my car, and i'm keeping some self-defense items handy just in case the guy makes another try.

Goes to show that these scum are getting more desperate these days, so we must be on our guard and ready to deal with such incidents.

1 comment:

BlurChu? said...

Oh no!~

Where's the security in leaving your gates open, when even Alex's Toyota station wagon can be jacked (almost)!

*sigh*

No, i'm terrified!


BC?