Monday, January 04, 2010

Steel Thy Resolve, Marine!

Yet another year has flown by in the blink of an eye, and yet another set of resolutions. This year's been rather tumultous, what with the economy tanking and various political issues and scandals flying about.

But lets recap and see how I fared with keeping to my resolutions:

Lynx's 2009 Resolutions: Results!

1. Be more responsible.
Yes, over the course of my working experience both full-time and freelancing, i've learned to be more sensitive to both the details in the work I do, as well as how my handling of that work affects other people.

2. Train myself to work faster
Definitely, a vast improvement since posting my resolution. What took me an hour to do now takes only a couple of minutes.

3. Improve 3D skills
Fell behind on this goal, I did become more familiar with normal mapping, but I haven't been arsed to learn rigging and animating.

4. Get a new gf.
Nada, though not for the lack of opportunities. Had many possibles this year, but somehow that vital something didn't spark and nothing really caught fire. Maybe this year something will happen, but ima not gonna worry myself over it.

5. Begin planning and pre-production work on my long term projects.
More or less, i've already set things into motion, though I still need to work more to get my study loan settled before I can finally move ahead. Interestingly though, opportunities have opened which would probably sidetrack my plans, so i'm frankly rather undecided what course of action to take.

6. Work out enough to get at least some abdominal definition.
Yeah, there's 'definition'. A one pack is still definition!

7. Save at least one quarter of my pay every month.
Done, thanks to my freelancing, and thank the God Emperor/Flying Spaghetti Monster/My dog for that, i'm not fond of asking for moolah from my dad.

8. Learn at least 2 new songs on the guitar.
Not sure if done, I learned them early in the year but i've forgotten how to play one of them in full. Facepalm. I'll just call this done.

9. Update blog at least twice a month.
Well, I average more than 2 posts a month, so I guess we can bend the rules abit and call it done. :P

10. Procrastination blah blah blah.
IMPROVED FINALLY YEAH! Still not perfect, but i've gotten shit done in a reasonably posthaste timeframe.

This year hasn't been kind on my resolutions, but I guess its a good thing that i've succeeded where it counts.

No comments: